juz tell her..

As I sat there in Englishclass,I stared at the girl next to me.She wasmy so-called 'best friend'. Istared at her long, silky hair. Iwished she were mine, but she didn'tnotice me like that.And I knew it.After class she walked up to me andasked me for the notes she had missedthe day before, and I handed them toher.
She said 'thanks' and gave me akiss on the cheek. I wanted totell her. I wanted her to know that Idon't want to be just friends. Ilove her, but I'm just too shy. And Idon't know why.
11th Grade..
.The phone rang. It was her on theother end. She was in tears, mumblingon and on about how her love hadbroke her heart.She asked me to come over because shedidn't want to be alone, so Idid. As I sat next to her on the sofa,I stared at her soft eyes,wishing she was mine.
After 2 hours, aDrew Barrymore movie,and three bags ofchips, she decided to go to sleep. Shelooked at me,said 'thanks,' and gaveme a kiss on the cheek. I want to tellher. I want her to know that I don'twant to be just friends. I love her,but I'm just too shy.And I don't knowwhy.
12th Grade...
The day before prom she walked tomy locker. 'My date is sick,' shesaid. He's not going to go.
Well,I didn't have a date and in 7th gradewe made a promise that if neitherof us had dates we would go togetherjust as 'best friends,' so wedid.Prom night, after everything wasover,I was standing at her front doorstep. I stared at her.
She smiled at meand stared at me with her crystaleyes. I want her to be mine, but shedoesn't think of me like that,and Iknow it.
Then she said, 'I hadthe best time,thanks!' and gave me akiss on the cheek. I want to tell her.I want her to know that I don'twant to be just friends. I love her,but I'm just too shy. And I don't know why...
Graduation Day..
.A day passed.
A week passed.
Amonth passed
. Before I could blink, itwas graduation day. I watched asher perfect body floated like an angelup on stage to get her diploma. Iwanted her to be mine, but she didn'tnotice me like that, and I knewit. Before everyone went home, she cameto me in her smock and hat, andshe cried as I hugged her.
Then, shelifted her head from my shoulderand said, 'You're my best friend,thanks!' and gave me a kiss onthe cheek. I want to tell her. I wanther to know that I don't want to bejust friends. I love her, but I'm justtoo shy. And I don't know why...
A Few Years Later...Now, I sit in the pews of thechurch. She is getting married,now. Iwatched her say, 'I do' and driveoff to her new life, married toanother man. I wanted her to bemine but she didn't see me like that,and I knew it. But before shedrove away, she came to me andsaid, 'You came!' She said, 'thanks!'and kissed me on the cheek.I want totell her. I want her to know that Idon't want to be just friends. I loveher, but I'm just too shy. And Idon't know why...
Funeral...
Years pass, and I looked down atthe coffin of the girl who used to bemy best friend.' At the servicethey read a diary entry she had wrotein her high school years. This iswhat it read: I stare at him wishing hewere mine. But he doesn't noticeme like that, and I know it. I want totell him. I want him to know thatI don't want to be just friends. Ilove him, but I'm just too shy, and Idon't know why. I wish he wouldtell me he loved me...i wish I didtoo...i thought to myself, and Icried.

p/s : crdits to Lina zahari
http://cweetcandygurl.blogspot.com/

-got this story from her-

No comments:

Post a Comment